NU - Supplement
Students may now enroll in an Accident and Sickness Hospital Indemnity Insurance plan called the NU-Supplement. You will receive cash benefits when you suffer certain accidental injuries, are confined to a hospital, or experience certain unexpected expenses related to a hospitalization. The supplement is provided to help you cover the out-of-pocket expenses you may incur like your deductible and co-pays. This plan pays claims resulting from both accidents and sickness. You are not required to use the cash payments to pay the provider. The benefits are paid directly to you, and you may use the claim payment however you choose. Your coverage will become effective the first of the month, following the date of enrollment.
Here are the key features:
- No deductible
- Cash benefits paid directly to you, even if you have other insurance
- Hospital admission benefit $1,000
- In-hospital benefit $250 per day
- Intensive Care Unit benefit $500 per day
- Emergency Room $250 per visit
- Surgical benefit $1,000 to $2,500
- Fracture benefit up to $1,000
- Ambulance transportation benefit $500 - $2,000
How to Submit a Claim
You may submit a claim form by mail, email, or fax.
- Answer each item on page 1 and sign the form where indicated. Your Member ID is your Student ID number.
- Include itemized medical bills and your Explanation of Benefits (EOB).
- A claim form should be submitted within 20 days of the occurrence.
Benefit Partners Group is pleased to offer a dedicated student support team to assist with any questions you may have. You can reach toll free live support between 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday at (877) 247-8817. To inquire about claim status, you may contact the claims administrator, Administrative Concepts, Inc. at (888) 293-9229 and select option #2. Please reference policy number 9908-37-36. You may also email email@example.com.
NU-Supplement Plan Cost
|6 Months||12 Months|
|Student + Spouse||$284.09||$557.55|
|Student + Children||$296.93||$582.75|
|Student + Family||$404.46||$793.80|
A payment processing fee is included in the total plan cost.